Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Baby Work-out

Tuesday, February 1, was Timmy's first time in the exersaucer.  I had toyed with the idea (who can resist a good pun?) but thought Timmy would be too small but another friend just posted pictures of her son (one month younger gestationally than Timmy, also a PPROM baby) and he looked like he was loving it.  (Thanks for doing it first, Jenn!)  So we gave it a shot and Timmy was in heaven!

Even on the shortest setting, Timmy can barely  touch the ground with his toes when he leans heavily to one side.  Thus, he can't quite spin around, but he loves this new-found jungle gym!





I love how babies can and do fit their arms through everything in the shape of a ring.




We also had more spoon success with Timmy letting me feed him.  Still only a few teaspoons of squash, but hey, that's more than no teaspoons of rice cereal!


Help from Prince(ss) Landon.

The rest of us had baked potato soup, in case you were wondering.  Delicious! And a great way to use up leftover baked potatoes.

BAKED POTATO SOUP
The Pampered Chef

4 medium baked potatoes
2 slices badon
1/2 c. celery, chopped
1/2 c. green onions with tops, thinly sliced
1 can (14.5-oz.) chicken broth
1-1/2 c. milk
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1 c. light sour cream
2 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)

1. Remove skins from baked potatoes.  In Classic Batter Bowl, coarsely mash potatoes with Nylon Masher.

2. In 4-Qt. Casserole, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.  Remove bacon to paper towel to drain; crumble and set aside.  Discard all but 1/2 teaspoon drippings in pan.

3. Meanwhile, chop celery with Food Chopper.  Thinly slice green onions with Utility Knife.  Add chicken broth, milk, mashed potatoes, celery, onions, garlic, salt and black pepper to drippings in pan.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.

4. Stir in sour cream and reserved bacon.  Ladle soup into 4 bowls using Nylon Ladle.  Shred 2 tablespoons cheese over each serving using Deluxe Cheese Grater.

***I own only about half of these Pampered Chef items and it has turned out delicious every time!  I substitute turkey bacon cooked in the microwave.  You just get more bacon (and less fat) for your buck!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh he looks like such a big boy! We have the same exasaucer ;)

A Wrinkle in Time said...

What a cutie! I wanted to thank you for the supportive comments you wrote on my blog during my experience with PPROM. We have good news in our house these days- 21 weeks pregnant with a little boy and so far all is well!! Glad to see little Timmy is doing so well, and hope you don't mind if I still check in once in a while.

Rachel said...

What a cute little family you have. I found your blog a good eight months ago after I PPROM'ed. I was 22 weeks and made it to 27 weeks and 4 days. My little guy is here and healthy. I just wanted to tell you what an inspiration you have been to me. I am LDS as well and it was nice to read someones point of view based on their beliefs same to mine. You gave me so much hope when I was in the hospital not knowing what to expect. Thank you for that. I am so glad that Timmy is doing well. What a blessing.

Anway Family said...

Have you tried putting folded towels in the bottom of the excersaucer under Timmy's feet? Allysan was too short for her jumperoo, so I put a folded towel under her feet and she LOVED it and jumped like crazy!

Jenner said...

Thanks for the shout out! He looks like he was having so much fun!

Have you tried a jolly jumper yet? Lochlan can't stop jumping these days with a huge grin plastered on his face.