Thursday, February 17, 2011

How to Meet Your Deductible

I think maybe Landon isn't grasping that there is really no obligation (or desire) on our part to meet the deductible for our health insurance on a yearly basis.  Or maybe he's just jealous of the excellent work Timmy did last year...  Either way, if you're looking for creative ways to max out your health insurance, might I recommend PPROM and a lengthy NICU visit or having an accident prone child.

Tonight while James and I were working on getting the kids ready for bed (and sneaking a peak at American Idol - we really don't follow the show, but it's a good distraction every once in a while), Callie came running out of their room to tell us that "Landon fell off the bed".  They had all been on the top bunk the last time I was in the room so you had better believe my heart skipped a beat on that one.  When Landon came out of the room crying, I felt relieved that we didn't appear to have any broken bones.  In fact, I couldn't see anything wrong.  Until I picked him up and got a little blood on my hand.  I rushed him to the bathroom and discovered it was just a nose bleed.  I asked if he had fallen off the bed.  He said no.  Walked into the wall?  He said no.  Still not exactly sure what happened, but at the rate he's going, we're going to have CPS on our doorstep any day now!

Oh, no.  This was nothing.  Two weeks ago, however, Landon got up on his chair during dinner.  I was standing by the stove and had turned to see what he was doing just in time to see him lose his balance - the chair may have slid a bit - and whack himself hard on the side of his head right on the edge of the table.  He gave himself a beauty of a bruise.  It looked like he had just had his upper right third molar taken out for about a week.

February 3rd, right after the incident.
 He posed for me.  It was so funny.  He wanted to make sure I got a good shot of his injury.

 The next morning.  The bruise had just started to darken.

Four days later.  (The dirt definitely helps Landon look more pathetic, wouldn't you say?)



 He's such a funny kid.
But so, so sweet.
And, hopefully, a quick healer.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I think he's going for the ruggedly handsome look.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Isn't it always something?!?
A few things that helped us reach our detuctable:
popcorn in the ear, chicken up the nose, stitches on the forehead, broken ankle, broken wrist, stitches on the lip (a bunkbed fall), staples in the head, a tumble down the stairs, fingers slammed in the car door......the list goes on sadly.......


I hope he heals quickly.

Unknown said...

Man that is one big bruise!! He's definitely a boy. And a very funny poser!! I feel bad laughing at the picture when he's got such a big owie but some of his faces are so pathetically classic.