MY "I'M A GENIUS" MOMENT
So this afternoon Trevy came up to me in the kitchen and said, "I broked it." When I looked down to see what she had "broken", she was trying to separate two pages of one of the board books that had gotten stuck together.
I was standing next to the microwave and had an epiphany that maybe, just maybe, if I microwaved the book it would soften whatever was gluing the pages together. 10 seconds later, the pages pulled right apart, no paper tearing whatsoever. I was so proud of myself!
MY "OH NO" MOMENT
Heading down the hall to get a wipe to clean up the pages while the stick'em was soft, I again ran into Trevy, this time she was coming out of the bathroom holding something in one hand and licking the fingers of the other. What was it? - James's contact lens case! She had unscrewed the left side and was licking the solution. Fabulous! I immediately forgot about the book and took the case from her. Fortunately, I found most of the solution on the floor of the bathroom. I asked her if she'd eaten anything, hopiong she could tell me if she had eaten the contact lens. Her being a 2-year-old and having not a clue what I was talking about, this did not answer my question. I searched and searched and finally found the clear plastic disk on its way into the living room. I told Trevy that the contact case was not a toy and set it far back on the bathroom sink. (Mind you Tuesday nights are also James's volleyball nights, the one night of the week where he actually prefers to wear his contacts.)
MY "WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS?" MOMENT or
Why it's not so bad to have a child skip the crawling phase...
During all of this, I was working to feed dinner to Landon and Callie and make homemade pizza for dinner for the rest of us. As I'm moving dough around, I get the babies cleaned up and put them on the living room floor to play. At one point I ended up going into the living room to check something and noticed a rather unpleasant odor. Landon, being closest, got his diaper checked first. Bingo! How lucky that I only had to pull open one diaper to find the source of the stink.
While I'm in the babies room changing him, I hear Callie start crying. She's now been crawling for about 2 weeks (she started sometime around December 10th. Landon is crawling too, but, for the most part, he doesn't mind staying where he is.) and I could hear her cries getting closer so I encouraged her, "Come on, Callie." So sweet to see a little head pop around the corner looking for you.
Fortunately she never made it. I got Landon cleaned up and went out into the living to find an even bigger mess. At least Landon's had stayed in the diaper! Callie had had an explosion of biblical proportions and it was now spread across my living room floor! Throw in the oven timer going off and an overpowering smell and you have my winning worst explosion experience to date. (May this one always be #1!)
6 comments:
ugh. The diaper explosion sounds awful!
wend. i love getting glimpses into your busy and hectic life! love you!
Wendy,
Your blog is SO cute. I got it off of Yvonne's. I would like to be able to view your blog. I clicked on the email link, but nothing happened. Anyway, my email is amberjwright2000@yahoo.com if you want to send me an email that way. our blog is despainfamily06 and you know the rest. Talk to you soon.
Amber
oh wow. That sounds like quite the night! It made me smile though, so thanks for sharing! :)
I guess there are SOME advantages to being a spinster! Your blog is too funny!
Oh wow that sounds awful! I am so used to greyson coming to me the minute he smells and saying I'm Stinky. I'm not sure I'm ready for the blowout stage again.
Post a Comment