Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Timmy Tidbits: Weight Check =(

Today's weight check was about what I thought it would be - Timmy is still gaining weight at a rate of about one pound per month, which brings him now to 17 pounds 9 ounces on the official scale.  Which is good!  Growth is good!  But his last weight check at the pediatrician's office was July 24th and he weighed 16 pounds 10 ounces then, gaining more than four pounds in three months so we were hopeful that maybe he was in a bit of a growth spurt and would be closer to 19 pounds by the end of September, maybe bringing decannulation to before RSV season instead of having to wait until after.  I guess it's still a possibility, but I'm not sure Dr. Parry would go for an early attempt without meeting the criteria of 22 pounds.   He has told me that it's better to wait until Timmy is big enough that the odds of success are in our favor than to try too early and fail.

On a positive note, last night ended up being another late one with the twins visiting at separate times.  I set my alarm for 7am and thought I hit snooze.  Apparently not.  Timmy woke me up at 8:45am.  His appointment for the weight check was at 10.  I had just planned on taking everyone with me, not sure we would have had time to drop anyone off anyway.  Due to waking up in a puddle - my stellar man had a little lapse last night in my bed - skipping the shower was not an option.  Somehow, miraculously, we made it out the door by 9:40 and made it right on time for Timmy's appointment!

The kids were kind enough to go to another library with me afterward to look for a book I wanted for preschool.  Callie had a bit of a meltdown, wanting to be carried in.  (It was blazing hot in the parking lot so I was glad she caved before too long.)  We did find the book, and another four or five.  I'm sure my card is about maxed out by now!

But as it's my week for preschool and it's already after midnight, I'll try to post pictures tomorrow instead.  More cute videos to come!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the new tabs! Such a great idea, you pro blogger! I may have to copy you :) I think Timmy is much bigger every time I see him. But that is definitely less often than you or even the doctor. Come on Timmy!!