We had their birthday party on Saturday at 2pm. Funny thing is that's because Lisa suggested it a few weeks ago. Hadn't even thought of having the party on a different day because we weren't inviting friends. But if family wanted to come...
I sent out a short email invite to the family members who live close to us so that anyone who wanted to help us eat two cakes would know they were more than welcome. However, I also included that we have all had a cold or something so we wouldn't be offended if no one came. Bless them, my parents, Daniel and Jon and Tessa still showed up. Hoping and praying that everyone is still healthy and we didn't pass anything on!
Saturday was the worst feeling day for me. I had gone to bed fairly early - around 8:30 - Friday night hoping that I could get a good sleep and feel more up to cake decorating on Saturday. When I woke up around 8 Saturday morning, I felt even worse and not in the slightest like putting two cakes together. It was slow going until around 11:30. I finally made one more trip over to Fry's with everyone but Callie to get a few things to make putting Landon's cake together easier. And it worked! Previous cake decorating experience told me I was in trouble with a cake still in the pan and uncut and only two hours to party time. I think some little angels slowed down the clock because Landon's cake only took me about an hour and a half and I was THRILLED with the results.
11:50am
| Gotta love Legos |
1:30pm
| I give you - Mater. |
| Not too shabby, huh? |
My voice was all but gone on Saturday so all communications were done by texting. I think that's the most my mom has ever texted me. I got two from her in one day! =)
Thank goodness everyone else was up to singing. We got right to the cake and presents so that no one had to be exposed to us any longer than necessary.
| (Mom got the detail in the back for future reference.) |
| Sweet birthday girl |
| Cutest Landon face! |
| Or maybe this one! =) |
Our camera died at this point and I couldn't find any new batteries - until after the party =( Fortunately, my parents brought their camera and took plenty of pictures.
| Grandpa and chocolate face Timmy |
| Trevy and Uncle Daniel |
| Messy-face Bill! (That's how I let Landon know he needs to go wash his face.) |
| I give you - penguin high. |
Yep, still messy-face Bill. They particularly loved the socks. Callie's are princesses and Landon's are Lightening McQueen.
The other was a joint gift.
A Curious George seek and find game.
Then came the long-awaited gift from Mom and Dad. James and I wanted to give the kids bikes for Christmas but we couldn't find any that weren't ridiculously expensive. Or that we weren't skeptical of the functionality of the bike. Then, about a month ago, James found these bikes on sale at Costco and picked up three. (It seemed way too mean not to get one for Trevy too, as that was the whole thought way back when.) The kids saw them in the back of the car the day James brought them home and Landon has asked for his "Noppy-deKeen" almost every day since.
So we seriously lacked the element of surprise, but I think they liked getting them anyway.
Heading across the street to our own private bike rink. (Also known as the parking lot of the Church of the Brethren. I have since run into two members, I think one is even a pastor, holding keeps to the chains across the entrance and received permission from both to use the parking lot.)
Landon was in heaven. He has been practicing on Nikolai's bike for months and was speeding around that parking lot like he's had his own bike for a long time. (Side note: James was able to take the kids to get helmets individually over the past month. Landon got his first and would even wear it in the car. He loves the helmet and will randomly put it on. I'm so glad we have a gate around the back yard or I think Landon would spend the entire day across the street. Which wouldn't bother me so much if he didn't have to cross the street.)
The birthday princess.
Trevy wasn't quite as enthusiastic. She still stops and gets off and says, "It's too hard." I think she'll get the hang of it before long and want to zoom around like Landon and Callie. Poor Timmy. Not sure he's ready for a bike yet, although he sure thinks he is!
A couple of videos taken with grandpa's cell phone. Wish mine had video capability!
We let the kids ride for a while and then headed back inside to share cake with Melissa, finish chatting and clean up a bit.
Trevy crashed on the couch and slept through the rest of the party. She had a fever and really wasn't feeling well. When she woke up to get ready for bed, she asked where grandma and grandpa and Belle were. So sad!
Timmy climbed into one of the shopping carts. Cute little crazy!
Fun family, fun day.
I fear the twins' actual birthday wasn't quite as exciting, although they did get to go back to preschool and got to open more presents from Grandma and Grandpa Brimhall when they got home.
I told Landon to hold up his present and smile for me.
This is more what I meant.
Landon received a parking playset and Callie was given a Dora Lego Playground. Neither have left the living room or loving playing hands since. Except when we've gone across the street to ride bikes.
Note Blue Bear in the basket. So funny! He even rode with Trevy to preschool!
Callie was more than happy to pose for me.
Several times!
Landon was too busy zooming around.
A couple more videos, now that I found more batteries for the camera.
1 comment:
Look at Timmy go! What a sweet walker! And check out the speed racers on the bikes! It does seem a little unfair though that James is always "it" and he doesn't have a bike. Hope you're all feeling better soon!
Post a Comment