I guess it was just meant to be. Last Thursday morning, my interior decorator - my amazing sister, Amy - called to tell me that she had the weirdest dream the night before. She had started thinking about her own house and somehow her thoughts had drifted to mine and she has my master bedroom all planned out! Whoohoo! We all know that this is obviously not something I have skill at on my own. This is the final room in the house that needs to be redone, along with the master bathroom, but, that being barely more than a tiny closet with a toilet, it only makes sense to do the two rooms together so they coordinate.
As we were talking, she asked if we had plans to redo the bathroom. I said I would love to retile the shower but wasn't sure James would want to, after all the work we put into the other bathroom. So I finish taking a video of the room to send her so she could see spatially if her thoughts would work in our miniscule master suite and went about my day.
I didn't even mention the call to James. He had a CPR course Friday morning and then came home and out of the blue that afternoon asked me what I thought about redoing the shower. I told him I thought it would be nice, especially if we could raise the shower head. I'm 5'5" and the water comes out just a few inches above my head, which means he must have to bend over every time he needs to rinse his hair. (People must have been shorter in the 60s, or maybe that was just standard shower head placement.) Mind you, I'm still working on the finishing touches in the front rooms (pictures to come once I finish clearing out the last of Christmas and get all my dishes put away at the same time) so I wasn't looking to start on the back rooms just yet. No need for more projects at the moment. But I guess James has the itch because, despite hemming and hawing, he walked in with a hammer and chisel at 5pm Friday night. Just to see how hard the tiles would be to take off. The top half came off quite easily.
James and supervisor Landon hard at work on Saturday. All three surrounding walls are de-tiled to about four or five rows from the bottom.
Trevy is so funny. She LOVES wearing things on her head. Goggles...
Train tracks...
Love that girl.
Stay posted for future updates on the bathroom remodel. Glad Amy already has this all planned out. Can't wait to see what she has in mind!
2 comments:
James finally has a (semi)solo picture on the blog! You're moving up man! What is it about home improvement? We live in an apt and I'm itching to paint something. If only to get rid of the shine resulting from the use of high gloss paint on walls. Seriously. Oh, and the train track hats are my favorite :)
love house projects! how fun for you! also, love you thomas the trian angels. :)
Post a Comment