Saturday was a busy day. I attended the bridal shower for Heather (my sister-in-law-to-be) in the morning and then drove back for the stake barbecue in the evening. I have to say, I was very impressed with my husband. I didn't take anyone to the bridal shower with me and stopped to see if I could pick up more poppyseeds for the wedding cake (hooray for having them on sale at Sunflower!) on the way home and called to see if he wanted me to come home before the barbecue to help him get the kids ready or if he just wanted me to meet him there. Lo and behold, he got them there by himself! What a man! Not that I doubted that he could, but it can be quite an undertaking getting four little people out the door by yourself, especially when it's not something you do everyday.
As always, the food was good. Barbecue beef and pork, or maybe it was turkey, tortillas, coleslaw and homemade root beer. The root beer was really good! And the sisters from our ward who served it did an amazing job keeping up with demand. Not once did I see the table getting low, even with our kids wanting to go back for refills!
Daniel and Bridgette got Landon laughing pretty hard!
Yvonne arrived shortly after I did with Maddie and Vivi.
We also ran into another friend, Sean Tunnell, who ate with us last year too. We missed his wife, Erin, but it was nice to catch up a little.
It was quite a bit chillier than anyone expected it to be. There was a light breeze blowing. It was fairly nice while the sun was out. Not sure what inspired this movement, but the kids all decided to try to stand on one leg.
It was all Landon's idea.
But Trevy still tried.
| My pretty girls on way more than their second cup of root beer! |
I thought it was particularly sweet when Landon tried to help Callie scale the side of the giant tires. She was having a hard time getting up on her own.
| Landon and Christopher |
However, he looked so cute clutching Ahne that I couldn't stop trying!
Waiting in line for the bouncy slide.
Taking turns.
| Landon |
| Vivien |
| Madelyn |
| Trevlyn |
| Callie |
A fun day. I think we wore everyone out!
(Timmy, at least. The twins gave me a run for my money getting everyone to bed. James went to the UA volleyball game, thinking it would only be an hour or so as we were playing #2-ranked UCLA, but the Wildcats won in five, taking almost three hours instead!)
1 comment:
I'm so jealous! I look forward to the BBQ every year and actually punched Grant when I realized he was dragging us all to Utah instead!
Post a Comment