BUT I'm now a full week overdue on wedding pictures. I honestly cannot believe that Steve and Heather have already been married a full week!
Picking up from the last post, I finished the cake just around 5pm. I then worked on getting things cleaned up and prettied as fast as I could so that guests would only see the cake and not the dirty spatulas or flower petals the kids had shredded around the table. I guess I didn't notice the time much because when I went to talk to my mom (I had been thinking we were doing family pictures around 4:30 and was wondering where things were as far as pictures were concerned) she asked if I was wearing what I had on. Yep, except the flip flops. Figured I could go a little more dressy for Steve and Heather. And I had brought church clothes for Timmy too. So the two of us went out to the car for a quick change and on my way back to the reception hall, I heard the sound of Trevy crying. I followed and saw James walking back toward the reception hall with the two girls. He obviously had things under control. =) I also noticed that it seemed like there were an awful lot of people seated in the wedding area. Hmmm...sure enough, it was MUCH closer to 6:00 than I thought. We got ourselves seated as quickly as we could and suddenly people started walking up the aisle!
First my parents.
Then friends of Steve with friends of Heather followed by her daughter, Linley.
And, lastly, Heather and her dad.
One of his amazing shots...
Callie missed naptime.
Exchanging the rings.
Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Steven Taylor!
The reception was nice as well. The kids loved the bubbles on the table. They were in these really cool little vials. Which I personally loved because then we couldn't spill as much bubble soap.
Callie kept trying to get Grandma to blow bigger bubbles.
She would just around and show Grandma with her hands. Didn't work.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
James blew some for the twins as well. They had a blast! Landon kept his shoes off most of the night. He's such a boy!
Then came the dancing. I love watching our kids dance together. They're so cute!
| I think Landon needs Timmy to start walking really soon. He had a little trouble keeping up with two dancing partners! |
| Sweet sisters |
At one point, I went to take a picture of the cake and one of the photographers was walking by and told me that cake pictures actually look better if you get down and are on the level of the cake instead of just standing and shooting. I got to see some of the pictures on his camera and that of his assistant around that point and, try as they might, I couldn't come close to anything they got. (Here is the blog link.)
Cindy has confessed on her blog that she and Mom put the spatula on the cake. I have to question this ladies. Who puts a spatula ON a cake?
But, I have to admit, I like this picture that Cindy took of me working on the cake.
Steve and Heather cutting the cake.
They were nice and didn't shove the cake in each other's face.
I also like this picture that Cindy took of Callie and my dad. So sweet.
And my dad with Timmy. We are so in the pointing phase!
| Dad and Hunter |
Lisa and Anistyn
I think we wore everyone out. It was kind of a rough night in the hotel. Trevy kept waking everyone up screaming but then she'd fall back to sleep and we never knew what she was crying about.
We spent the afternoon at Ray and Amy's. Half of us just slept...
...and the rest of us took pictures of them and found other ways to entertain ourselves. Like polishing off wedding leftovers - chocolate-dipped strawberries...cheeseball...poppyseed cake...
About that time I started thinking I should take more pictures of everyone to show who was there.
My Aunt Teresa and I have decided that we're going to take a photography class together...but separately. Weekly flights could get a bit expensive.
I tried to get a cute picture of Timmy and Anistyn together.
Here's Justin helping me get their attention.
Trying to get all four little cousins together. Believe me, this is one tricky feat trying to get four little people to look at you at the same time.
| Timmy and Seth |
| Hunter and Anistyn |
| Love the smirk as Timmy made his escape |
| Seth and Hunter |
| Timmy is starting to crawl more and more |
| Love the fish face! |
| Love the tongue! |

The Barbie car and Anistyn's bug bead toy.
I missed the fashion show and my outside shots with the bikes didn't turn out very well.
But everyone found something to do until it was time to say goodbye.
And that's the only bad part about getting together - saying goodbye. Thank goodness for holidays!
![]() |
| Love this picture of Cindy and Seth.blog |





3 comments:
Looks like it was a great celebration. Thanks for sharing! Love all the pics.
Hey Wendy! I love it when you make a comment on my blog so I can remember to look at yours too :)~ when I don't have the live feed of updates on private blogs I forget! The cake you made is gorgeous! What a talent.
I'm glad someone got some good pics of the actual ceremony. Mom and I were taking pictures of Steve and Heather's rings on the cake but we didn't want frosting to get on them so we used the spatula. Apparently we forgot to take it back off :)
Post a Comment