| I love melted marshmallow lips! |
Melissa had invited a special friend, Pete, to play his guitar. So nice. He has a really nice mellow voice that just added the right touch to the friendly ambiance.
Alas, my pictures of Scott and Abby didn't turn out very well. (Hard to get good pictures in the dark. Especially with the point-and-shoot. I discovered too late that the batteries are dead for the nicer camera. =( ) So I only got Abby in this picture. Yesterday was Scott's birthday so definitely didn't mean to leave him out! Happy birthday Scott!
Trevy. I had the kids put on their pajamas before going over because I figured that would be easier than doing so later after the campfire. Amazing how much more cooperative they are when they really want something, like marshmallows. They all had their pajamas on by 6:00. =) (Believe me, that's not always the response we get when we ask everyone to get dressed for bed.) Note Dorian in the background with his camera. Wonder if he got any better pictures...
Dorian ran the kids around quite a bit last night. They love chasing him and playing hide-and-seek with him. Not sure Melissa appreciated this use of her bed, but it kept them entertained.
I know it kind of looks like Landon is peeing on the fire but I promise he's not. Look harder and you'll see his marshmallow. You can also see Denise and the other Scott in the background.
Pete and Wendy. So honored that she sat by me. She is always so well put together and half the time I can't even guarantee that my shirt is clean!
Melissa had a little incident with her marshmallow. Abby brought the jumbo kind. LOVE them! But you do have to be patient in waiting for them to get soft the whole way through and careful not to scorch the outside in the meantime. Somehow Melissa had assembled her s'more before the marshmallow was finished so she toasted the whole thing!
Pete playing a special song for Melissa in honor of her brother, Arthur, who recently passed away.
We are so blessed to have such great neighbors. We may not live on the street of dream houses, but we definitely live on the street of dream neighbors!
No comments:
Post a Comment