Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Babies are 18 Months Old!




Oh, my goodness! I just can't believe it!

Time really does go by so fast. No matter how many times you hear or say it, the passage of time just never seems to slow down. Fortunately, that always reminds me of one of my favorite sayings: Life is like a roll of toilet paper: the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes! So true!
I recently posted their stats, so just thought I'd write down a few of the other little things that they are doing now.
Landon has become a bigtime button pusher. No, he's still a sweetie (except when he and Trevy are going after the same thing!) but the TV goes on and off ALL the time! Not to mention sudden changes in channel and volume!
He LOVES water! Doesn't matter how much or how little there is, whether it's mostly mud, belongs to the cat or is found in a toilet. He's there! Such fun to watch him in the rain.
He is starting to talk more and more. I asked him to say "please" yesterday and he did!
Callie is also talking more and more. Tonight she patted her head and said, "head". (I don't think we'll have any worries the next time we go into the pediatrician.)
Callie was a very impatient infant. When she wanted something, she wanted it NOW!!! But she has become our patient one. She loves to hold her elefante and suck her thumb and just observe.
She has most of her teeth now as well. I think the canines are still erupting, but they are there. (Landon still only has two teeth on the bottom, but with his affinity for falling down lately, that's probably not such a bad thing!)
My absolute favorite thing about raising twins is watching them play together when they get each other laughing. There's nothing sweeter than to watch them run around and bump into each other and bust up. It also melts my heart to go into their room in the morning and be greeted by two huge smiles and the excited little noises they make knowing I've come to get them, accompanied by four happy little peepers and four arms reaching out for me. Okay, usually it's only three because Callie insists her elefante make it to the living room with us. (Side note: Callie's stuffed elephant is named "Elefante". I love hearing Trevy say, "Here, Callie. Here's your elefante.")
They are still good eaters, although the things they do with their liquids and solids when they're finished isn't so pleasant. My sympathies to the waitresses of the world. They both love grapes, peaches and pears, fruit snacks and pudding. Entrees are a little harder to pin down. Depends on the mood, although I'm discovering that my kids may have just taken after me in the PBJ department. So far, that one hasn't gone over very well. I think it's just the excessive stickiness making it harder to swallow.
Currently, Landon is our early riser and insists that 6:12am is a great time to wake up. (Not when Mommy stays up until 11pm blogging about him!) Occasionally we get a 7am, but lately we've all gotten to kiss Daddy good-bye when he leaves for work at 6:40. (Except Trevy. She likes to sleep in now. Maybe that's why she doesn't nap anymore...)
Callie hates having water dumped on her head and neither she nor Landon have figured out that crayons and markers are not intended for human consumption. Landon is still a sweet snuggler and will even still pat you on the back from time to time. Callie is already showing interest in the potty and I think I'll start the potty training in a few more months. Both of the twins will now put their own diapers in the trash as well and are generally good listeners. They are developing more of an interest in books and like to respond to the questions on Super Why, although they still get most of the letters or sounds wrong. But they're on the right track!
I really can't believe our little ones are already 18 months old. Such a fun 18 months. Definitely exhausting at times, but so blessed. I love you Landon and Callie.

No comments: