Monday, July 20, 2009

Eating Markers

After the twins' pediatrician appointment on the 16th, we ran a couple of errands before returning home so it was close to 4pm when we finally arrived at our house. It was stifling! Soooo hot! So we decided to go visit Melissa. Trevy had been asking to go to Missa's house since her bubbles had blown over earlier in the day and still wanted to go. (Not to mention that Trevy and I had gone to look at paint colors again that morning and I wanted to get Melissa's artistic genius opinion.)

All three kids wanted to knock on the door. Sure enough, we woke her from a heat-induced napping coma and she was still gracious enough to invite us in. She showed us the cute birthday cards her school kids had drawn for her. And then she brought out the markers... Oh, buddy! I had just tried this with the kids the other day to let them color on their cardboard box train and all Callie wanted to do was eat them. Here are the pictures of what happened: (Completely supervised. Don't worry, all Crayola and no one got more than a good lick.)
)
(Blogger isn't letting me drag pictures. So that's what's up with the ordering and spacing.)

3 comments:

Leighann and Jamie said...

I had a couple of kids that use to bite the tip off those markers and eat them..... good thing they are non-toxic. :) silly kids.

heather@it'stwinsanity said...

I'm actually only an hour from Tucson AND we just got a membership to the zoo. If you are ever in the mood for a little chaos, let me know and we can get together!

Unknown said...

The kids are growing so much! They're not going to remember me :( So cute though!! Callie is beautiful (except the closeup where she looks asian!) Still love her, she's adorable, but you have to admit it's a funny picture :)