Saturday, February 7, 2009

Thursday's "Why Me?"

Oh, yes, the saga continues.

James went over to Auto Zone Thursday morning and retrieved the battery and replaced it in the van. Yep, started right up. Glory be. Huge sigh of relief.

So I hauled out the toddler seat we just got from Uncle Dave to swap it out with one of the infant bases. And Trevy followed me out. But so did James. I told him to please take her out! We've both agreed she doesn't get to play in the van at all anymore. So he did.

I got the new seat all installed and double-checked that all the switches were off (Trevy had played with a couple of things. Though not much. James got her out pretty fast.) and watched the lights after all the doors were closed to make sure they went off.

James left for work around 11:40, about 20 minutes later.

I got Callie and Trevy started on lunch and made lunch for Bridgette and myself around noon, and woke Landon up around 12:15 so he could eat before we went to his and Callie's one-year appointment with the pediatrician at 1:30.

Got the diaperbag packed, other diapers and snacks in another bag for Julie (who was going to watch Trevy), grabbed my purse and cell phone, got all the kids cleaned up and in the car, got myself in the car, put the key in the car, turned the key and...click, click, click. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Okay, I slammed the door on that one. By this point, I'm ticked. (Still am, really. This was just yesterday.) We just charged the stupid thing overnight!

So I go back inside and tell Bridgette the car isn't starting again. I was debating on whether I should just call the pediatrician and reschedule or see if there was some way I could coerce or in some other way bribe Bridgette to let me use her car. But being the saint that she is, Bridgette offered to take us. Mind you she had come over to do her Chemistry homework and had to be to work at 3:30. So she helped me move all the kids and carseats, diaperbag, etc. to her car. (Yes, two infant seats and one toddler seat can, in fact, fit in the backseat of a sedan.)

We pulled out around 1:05. No time to drop Trevy off, but we did make it to see Dr. Peterson, our fabulous pediatrician, at 1:30. The kids are doing great - for the most part, they're on the upper end of the spectrum on all scales. And Landon received the award for being my first child to have an ear infection. Not that you'd know. He's still just as happy as ever, sleeping just fine - even longer than either of the girls - just has a very runny nose.

No time today to even attempt to take the battery again, but we'll do something tomorrow, so stay tuned...