Nothing like finishing a project started many moons ago.
Our house is a fixer-upper and I finished painting the last of the three bedrooms April '07. Prior to that, I had painted all the doors in our house white. (They're just the cheap brown wooden doors we all grew up with. Believe me, this house isn't worth new doors.) Anyhow, I've been working on replacing door handles - don't ask why, two of the bedrooms just had deadbolts on them when we moved in. The new strike plates are shorts than the old ones, so that looks bad, and for some reason, the doors won't close with the new handles so I'm having to redo that entire section of the doorjamb.
2 years later, I can finally close the door to the babies' room.
*** (Edited 12/1/08)
Okay, so I didn't lie on purpose. I was just really excited to be able to close the door. Perhaps I should have finished the project first! After I screwed the strike plate into the doorjamb, the door wouldn't close so I had to refill in the new screw holes and enlarge the hole for the tongue of the door handle.
Once again, as of last Monday, the door closes again but also, once again, I made a mistake that will require attempt #3 - one of the screws went in crooked and the head is tilted just enough so that the door hits it. Aargh!
1 comment:
I haven't been on in a while little did I know that Lucas won the quote of the day. I totally forgot about into the wild. You can imagine the things I hear everyday.
Anyway congratulations on being able to shut the door. That will be of most use when they hit 3-4 and you have to put them in there room... or maybe I am the only one who has to do that.
Post a Comment