Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Trevy's First Trick-or-Treat!!!

This year we decided to do a Wizard of Oz theme. At the ward party Wednesday night, I went as Glinda, the good witch, and James taped some yellow construction paper to his dark clothes and went as the yellow brick road. Trevy was Dorothy, Landon the cowardly lion and Callie was the scarecrow.

Grandpa, Uncle Ray, Aunt Amy and the cousins - Kaden, Porter and Makayla - and Nicole joined us Friday evening for trick-or-treating.

Here are a few pictures we took prior to going out:

The pretty ladybug-Makayla. Can you believe her mom made this tutu? Soooo cute!!!
Nicole and Makayla.
Kaden.
Porter.
Uncle Ray with scarecrow Callie.
Hello little scarecrow!
Little cowardly lion Landon. Look at that sweet face!
On the road! We drove out to the east side.
Out and about. (I believe I've already mentioned that I LOVE this stroller!)
One house was passing out glow-in-the-dark sticks so we got a couple for the babies.
Aunt Amy helped Dorothy with her first few houses. Yes, we thought the hat was a nice touch (Trevy's own idea) to cover the "after-the-tornado" hair. (It was really cute before her nap!)
Makayla was so sweet. She stayed with Trevlyn the whole time we were out.
And, as usually happens with our day-long events, someone fell asleep.
Such a fun night for everyone! There are some extremely creative people out on the east side. There was a haunted house in someone's garage and a whole balloon fest set up on another lawn. Not to mention that everyone passing out candy was just so nice! And generous, I might add. Trevlyn's little plastic jack o' lantern was about half full within an hour and a half even though she was only knocking on every 5th door or so. I do think she was the cutest little 2-year-old out there. She would say "thank you" and "bye bye" to everyone. The "trick-or-treat" was pretty indistinguishable, but who doesn't know why a kid is knocking on their door on October 31st?
We all got a good laugh heading back to the cars when we offered to carry Trevy's pumpkin. She was so possessive. I offered to carry it and she yelled, "My puntin!" Hilarious. I think Grandpa has it on tape. Have to work on getting that one...
All in all, a very happy Halloween!

No comments: