Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Timmy and the Jumping Cactus

We love our new house. Truly we do. The cacti along the front fence...not so much.

We have had a little dog coming in our yard for the past week or so. He's just here when we get back from school in the afternoon. Today, Landon and Timmy decided to see if they could follow him and, despite my asking them not to go on the other side of the front fence, they followed him out the gate. However, they didn't get far. I had just unloaded Wyatt from the van and was heading in their direction when I heard Timmy crying. Landon was right next to him, but it didn't look like he was the cause of the tears. Very much not. He was trying to help Timmy with this:


Poor Timmy!


I initially tried pulling the whole thing off in one, but there were needles stuck in different directions so I had to use my kitchen shears to remove the bulk.


I then iced and had to pluck those barbed demons out one by one. 

Good thing Timmy is such a tough cookie! And has such a sweet older brother to bring him Band-aids and a Capri Sun!



No comments: