Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Pop Secret

Sometimes I really miss being with my children every second of every day. It is bittersweet to let them go their own way and have their own adventures without me, but I know it is a natural course of life and really needs to happen in order for them to grow up to be functional independent adults.

However, I truly wish I could have been in Trevlyn's class for their most recent science experiment. Lucky for me, her teacher has the class do a lot of writing and her writing was the best part!

They took four brands of microwave popcorn, formulated hypotheses as to which brand would pop the best, popped a bag or so of each and counted unpopped kernels. The conclusion: well, I'll just let you read Trevlyn's for yourself. (Her teacher enjoyed it so much - and told me it was one of the best written last Friday during our parent-teacher conference - that she used it on the class display board for the science fair!)




No comments: