For some reason, Callie didn't want to go. She just said she wanted to stay home with mommy. Fine with me! She has been needing some serious mommy one-on-one time. Landon went back and forth, but ultimately ended up in the car when James was ready to pull out.
He took the camera so I really don't have any pictures of what we did this past weekend. Basically, Thursday night I took Callie and Timmy to Fry's to pick up some brown sugar to finish off the peanut butter cookies we had started, grabbed some watermelon slices that Callie asked for and stopped to get a couple of Little Caesar's hot and ready pizzas and watched Sleeping Beauty (Callie's request) with Melissa. Fun little evening. Friday, Callie helped me finish cleaning the glass surfaces in the house and then she and I made play-dough cookies while Timmy was down for a nap. So sweet to be able to focus just on her and her love of play-dough. I really think she could play with play-dough all day long. For some reason, while we were playing, I asked her what she wanted to be when she grows up. She told me, "Five." Love that girl! Way to think long term! At least she's realistic. =)
The rest of the afternoon we spent watching Aladdin (yes, it was a big movie weekend) and folding the clothes on the couch. I had at least three loads on the couch and another three in baskets next to it. Soooo nice to get those out of the way! We had dinner with Melissa and Bridgette that night and I put the kids to bed on time. Too many late nights don't work well for Callie and Timmy and they both went right down.
Saturday we attended a baby shower in the afternoon and stopped by Children's Memorial Park on the way home because Callie wanted to go to a park. While there, she told me that her tummy was telling her it was hungry. What did it want for dinner? Pizza again! Mine was cringing at the thought. But I was very full from the baby shower so I got her a frozen pizza and let her have pizza again.
Sunday was a little strange only having to get two kids ready for church. We were on time. Amazing how easy it seemed to keep two kids occupied for an hour by myself as opposed to four even with help! The only sad part was that I had been asked to substitute for Trevy's class and she wasn't there. =( James had called Saturday night and honestly sounded beat. It's a good four hour drive and not one to make by yourself when you're tired. So they ended up staying through sacrament meeting the next morning.
I didn't even hear them come home, although I had been watching the clock. I was loading the dishwasher while Timmy and Callie were, once again, playing with play-dough and then a little voice said, "Mom, I threw up." I turned and it took me a second to realize that Trevy was standing next to me. Although it was nice to be able to get some good sleep, get the house a little cleaner and spend some quality time with Callie and Timmy, it was nice to have Trevy, Landon and James home. Everything just seemed right with the world and felt so complete.
And, although I missed having the camera for the weekend, I'm soooo glad that James had it. He captured some priceless images and videos!
The Brimhall ranch is out in a canyon. Which makes it a little bit of work to get to, but also very pretty. Along the road, you come to several gates, which, of course, must be opened by those with younger legs and no driver's license. James let Trevy and Landon figure out how to open the gates by themselves.
This was Trevy's first gate. No problems getting it open. But watch the flourish at the end!
Oh yeah, Vanna's job is in serious jeopardy!
A little more trouble with this one...
...but it's hard to focus when you have other things on your mind. =)
Little monkey who got so caught up playing on the gate he forgot to open it.
Are these gates really that tricky? Let's ask singing Trevy.
And they finally arrived at the ranch. Beautiful serenity with the creek running through.
Landon's first time feeding the horses.
The kids' first time on a horse. Although the horse's name is Adrenaline, they still call him Maximus.
Understandable, right?
I've only been out to the ranch a handful of times myself so I honestly have no idea where these pictures are taken in relation to what.
Pretty, nonetheless.
No, they didn't fall off. But they did get close!
Well, at least you can see their faces better, even if their eyes are closed. =)
James taught the kids how to ride a horse. Trevy is a little girly so she had a little bit of a hard time getting Adrenaline in motion.
But the switch helped! Along with the magic words.
Landon, on the other hand, had no problems getting Adrenaline going.
He just kept making the poor horse stop!
No one could recall what Trevy fell on, but she got a pretty good scrape.
(Don't mind the pants slipping down.)
Such a pretty picture of Trevy on Adrenaline.
Alas, there comes a time in every little girl's ranching adventure when she just wants her Pet Shops and her mommy...
...oh, and to see herself on video. =)
The kids wanted to do a little fishing.
(Apparently we need another trip with Grandpa to fully understand how this works.)
Crossing the creek. This is one way to keep your pants dry.
Can you find Landon?
Landon throwing rocks in the creek.
Looking very inviting for a hot summer day.
With a really nice camera, I'd say this one would be the perfect advertisement for a weekend getaway at the ranch.
You'll have to ask James on this one. I think this was their project.
Morning Trevy!
(Fashion, smashion.)
Landon getting to work.
No, it's not on...
They had the best time riding on Adrenaline.
Or "A Gentleman", or whatever his name is.
Finally got these videos to rotate! These vocals are too cute to pass up!
Time to feed their valiant steed.
Daddy and his kiddos.
Poor Trevy. Can't remember the last time she took a nap, but the ranch will do it for you!
Callie really was content to stay home, until she saw the videos of Landon and Trevy on a horse. She wanted to go back right then. I think Landon would have gladly gone. Trevy wasn't feeling totally well and James looked ready for a night in a bed. But he did go out to check on his trees. No sooner had he walked out back then Callie came to tell me she had her shoes on. Poor thing! Pretty sure she'll be the first one in the car the next time James heads to the ranch with kids!
***
Yes, I know there are A LOT of videos in this post. What I'm wondering is: do more people prefer being able to keep reclicking on the short version of their favorite videos or would it be better to have put it all together in a movie form so that you don't have to keep clicking and scrolling down? Please comment with your suggestion!

4 comments:
You do whatever is easiest for you we're going to watch anyway. gp
my vote is for short so you can pick and choose and sometimes repeat your fav. but whatever, fun to watch however.
Thanks for the input! Not sure it's more work either way, just takes a while to upload. James said the same thing, Clarisa!
And, great news, I figured out how to rotate the videos!!!
I was going to be smart and say "rotate the camera" but you figured out the higher tech way yourself :) What a fun trip! Your kiddos are getting so big and grown up, we need to visit more!! Miss you all!!
Post a Comment