Friday, March 16, 2012

The Real Reason I've Been Slacking on Blogging...


Yep, it's true.  Baby #5 is officially on the way.

We were holding off on sharing, but word has leaked out.  Guess I should have been more specific in telling people that we weren't going public just yet, but it's going to be fairly obvious pretty soon anyway.  I'm down to being able to fit into only two pairs of my non-maternity pants and even have to unbutton those under the table on occasion.  (Yes, I know:  TMI, my friend.)

This little one is due in August, which is why I still have yet to blog about Christmas 2011 and many other fun adventures earlier this year.  The first trimester was particularly exhausting.  I would get to the afternoon of my days and suddenly want nothing more than to nap.  Wish that were still possible.  On occasions I could throw in a movie for the older three and lay down with Timmy but, more often than not, I would just start nodding off and World War III would break out in the living room.  Then the sickness would hit around dinner time and it was all I could do to put something on the table for everyone to eat and help James get kids in jammies and tucked in.  Then I would go to put Timmy down, think about dishes in the kitchen and what I really wanted to blog that day and decide it was best to just put on my own pajamas and go to bed with him.

I'm not trying to make this sound like a venting or complaining post.  Honestly, we are very excited to have this little one on the way.  I'm just a little sad that some people found out without me getting to tell them.

But now that the word is out, feel free to share!

2 comments:

Clarisa said...

congrats! very, very exciting and just super thrilled for you. hope the sickness is managable and all that good wish stuff! so happy for you!

Sarah and David said...

Congrats! It's funny that you and I have been pregnant at around the same time for both of my pregnancies! I'm also due in August!