I have always considered the holiday rush to start on my birthday in mid-October (post on that in the works) and continuing through New Years. Last weekend was the perfect example. Following the ostrich farm trip and the trunk-or-treat, we had two more events on Saturday.
| And how big he is now! |
(Missed the Summercamps this year.
She and the little boys are over in CA.)
I was really excited to get the flyer in the mail. The last few nurse friends I talked to had told me that the census was low, like only 20 babies or so in the NICU, so I was looking forward to having lots of nurses able to make it to the picnic this year. Unfortunately, the low status is long gone now and the NICU is almost at maximum capacity. From what I was told, they could possibly squeeze in one or two more but that would be it without claiming space elsewhere. To top it off, only one baby is anywhere close to going home! So we didn't get to see everybody, but we did get to catch up with some of our dear friends, some we haven't seen since discharge!
Much to my chagrin, I discovered upon pulling the camera out to take the first picture that it had been left switched to ON and the battery was, therefore, completely dead. So all pictures were taken using my cell phone. I love that cell phones have cameras, but they're not quite true camera quality. But still grateful to have the pictures for memories!
| Timmy and Becky She's leaving us! Safe travels on your move Becky! |
| Timmy and Francesca Due in 5 weeks! Can't wait for her to join Facebook so we can see Olivia! |
| Timmy and Holly |
| Timmy and Karin I thought we had missed her again, but she was doing face painting. |
| Timmy with Karen and Jeanine Congrats to Jeanine on passing her NICU exam! |
| Timmy and Lauren Also due in about 5 weeks! Can't wait to meet Kaylee! (I'll adjust spelling when I see it.) Timmy and her son, Tyler, were born just weeks apart. |
| The troops. They were so good. You know why they were there... |
| Yep, it's all about the bouncy slide. They couldn't get enough! Took reminding them of our pumpkin party to get them off! |
It's interesting to me how the picnic brings back a lot of old feelings. I look forward to it and love getting to see friends, but it's also a little sad because that special time getting to know them and watch them take care of my sweet baby is over. But I know that's okay. That's how it should be. While I'm sad not to get to see the nurses who mean so much to us, I'm so very glad that they were able to get him strong enough to come home and I wouldn't send him back to them for anything.
Thank you all! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment