A friend brought to my attention the other week that I had said I was going to break my Mother's Day post into three installments and yet have only done two. Truly touched that you follow our blog, Karen. So this one's for you! (Warning, the homecoming was much less eventful than the two days previous!)
At first I was thinking I might drive home after our fishing trip on Saturday. However, seeing it was after 8pm when we arrived back at my parents' house coming down off the mountain, I didn't think a 2-hour trip would be such a great idea, considering the night before had been later than planned and I would still have to pack before we could leave. So then came the dilemma of do I 1) stay and go to church with my parents and Steve from 3-6 (not my favorite block time, let me tell you!), 2) drive back to Tucson to attend our ward from 1-4 (doable, but we'd have to make it out by around 9 in order for me to have enough time to get everyone dressed for church once we got home) or 3) wait until I knew what time Ammon, James's brother who is currently serving a mission in Chile, was going to call and, thus, what James's plans were for Mother's Day.
I chose option number 3 and, upon finding out that Ammon would be calling around 4pm Arizona time, decided that I would hang out with my parents and Steve until the time they needed to leave for church and head down to St. David at that time, which would put me there around 4. Perfect! It actually worked out really well. James was on the phone with Ammon when we got there closer to 4:30 or so. I got to talk to Ammon too (sorry if I racked up the phone bill!). Great to get to catch up and share funny kidisms. He told us that there is a lady there who has offered to let any of Ammon's family stay with her if we'd like to come for a visit. And she'll make us tortillas! I think that would be so much fun! Not sure how we'd swing that, though. Hope James's parents can make the trip to pick Ammon up. Maybe they can swing back through Peru, where his dad served his mission, as well!
After the phone call, the kids wanted to feed the animals so we went out to feed the sheep and goats. Landon found this red ball cap at my parents' house. I think it used to be one of Kaden's. It's so cute on him!
Our little flower girl, carrying her weeds to feed the goats.
Somebody gave Timmy a cookie... Oh, it was me! =) It's kind of tricky trying to find things for Timmy to eat sometimes. I hesitate to give him things that seem like they're too hard (he still doesn't have any teeth) or that could possibly choke him. Other times, all I can think of are macaroni and cheese and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Poor kid. He has very redundant meals.
James's parents just got two new dogs - Jack and Jill. Or Jack and Jellybean, as Trevy likes to call them. I love pictures of little boys with family dogs. So sweet!
Feeding the goat. Landon was so kind to help James hold this nanny so the kids could nurse! She didn't want to let them for some reason.
I took Timmy to get cleaned up after feeding the goats. Such a cute little chocolate mess!
We left around 7:30. It was a great weekend. I think we were all worn out, but I would do it again in a heartbeat! (At least I would after getting a few good sleeps in!)
My Mother's Day present from James. I know the red, white and blue aren't quite in the usual order, but it's still one heck of a patriotic mother's ring if you ask me! (1 sapphire, 2 garnets and a diamond.)
Thank you, James, it's beautiful!
(In case you're wondering, he's been wanting to give me one for a while. Whether it's an indication of anything remains to be seen. =) )
No comments:
Post a Comment