Friday, January 21, 2011

♪♫♪♫ "Just Keep Swimming, Swimming, Swimming..."

Wow.  I have to say that last night ended up being brutal after staying up to shine my sink, laugh at some more cake wrecks and pump a little, so today was pretty much shot from the get-go.  Consequently, I'm going to keep this short and head to bed earlier tonight.

I believe I made it to bed just before 2am last night.  (Interestingly enough, I wasn't the only one still up.  A few friends were still responding on Facebook.)  There is something so nice about the middle of the night when you're the only one awake and you have the entire house to yourself, especially when you have so many things you'd like to do.  (Unfortunately, that time of night doesn't always make me the most productive, so sometimes I end up just shooting myself in the foot idling awake precious sleep hours.  Last night was about half productive and half wasted.)

About 2 hours later (4am) Callie came in with me.  Not a problem, as long as she's the only one, but Landon came in about half an hour later and was very upset that Callie was already there.  He was pretty vocal in letting me know and ended up waking Timmy.  Not pleasant.  From then on, it was just a battle trying to get kids back to sleep (or settled with Super Why) so I could snag enough sleep to function.  Bless Timmy for being willing to sleep in and the other two for giving me at least a couple episodes of Super Why.  Finally, at 7:45, it was apparent that the night was over and I would have to just buck up and push through the day.  Callie crashed hard at noon for three hours and Timmy went down not long after. 

I think she was tired.  Not sure how else you fall asleep with an arm in this position.
 So sweet.
For some reason, Landon felt inspired to want to play baseball instead of join them so he, Trevy and I ended up in the backyard for a while. 

Landon again fell asleep on James around 4.  As I was sitting next to him feeding Timmy, I had the thought that I hoped he was enjoying his nap.  There are times I miss being the child with no responsibilities and no one to take care of other than myself.  I would have loved to just fall asleep today but you can't do that with little people running around.  However, I have no one to blame but myself for this exhaustion.

Melissa gave Timmy his bottle tonight and she was able to literally give it to him!  Check out this big boy holding his own bottle!



The older kids went down pretty easily tonight but they woke Timmy back up in the process.  He and Melissa and I watched Wordplay tonight.  Very interesting.  It's a documentary-type movie that talks about the New York Times crossword puzzle.  Will Shortz, the editor for the crossword puzzle, opens the movie and they interview puzzle contributors and puzzle enthusiasts.  There's a huge crossword puzzle Championship held annually in Stamford, Connecticut.  Who knew?  They show puzzles off and on throughout the movie and you can solve clues.  I did pretty well on the first one but seriously don't think I could ever compete in that competition.  Total blank on a lot of those answers to the Sunday puzzles.  (Monday are the easiest to solve and they get progressively more difficult throughout the week.)  Just a fun watch full of random thoughts for word puzzle lovers.  Feeling the bug to try a full puzzle right now but I'm so tired I think it would keep me up until at least 2am again.  So here's a link instead.  http://puzzles.about.com/library/ccwin/blApr1408.htm

Now that Timmy is also asleep and the UA/Huskies game is over, I'm off to join the rest of my family.  I do believe I will be skipping the sink shining and the cake wrecks and just going to bed.  Night, y'all.

1 comment:

Karen K. said...

I can't believe he is holding the bottle himself. He is growing so fast!