Friday, January 14, 2011

In the Journal of Life...

On New Year's day I had this crazy thought that it would be kind of neat to create a little post every day just to remember the day and keep on top of blogging.  So far, I am now just 2 weeks behind.  Although it's a little discouraging that I have been trying to create a post to update on Timmy but the pictures just won't all upload together or someone beats me back to the computer before I have a chance to check.  Oh well.

Today is already a blur.  I played Scrabble with my neighbor, Melissa, and her boyfriend last night and ended up not making it to bed until midnight.  (Side note: my best score was 44 points on one turn.  Not too shabby.  But I still didn't win.  Got a lot of vowels again.  The first few times I drew totally sent me back to December 3rd...)

Anyhow, Callie came into Timmy's room around 4am.  For the life of me, I cannot remember what she wanted, I just remember getting up to help her and noting that the door to our room was open and James was sleeping with Landon.  Not sure if he rolled over and kicked Landon or what, but the next thing I knew I was trying to get both twins to sleep in the twin bed with me.  No such luck.  What seemed like a few delirious moments later, Trevy came in and immediately started crying because, "There's no room for me."  Not wanting to extract myself from warm sheets and not wanting her to wake Timmy (who, miraculously, slept through the night from about 11-7:30.  I know, he needs to eat more often but, forgive me, I need sleep sometimes), I had her just lay with her head on my chest.  To no one's surprise, no one fell asleep.  By 6:00, I was done, they all wanted a snack or cereal or breakfast or a sip or to watch Super Why.  And by that time they could have asked for pretty much anything and I would have given it to them.  All I wanted was sleep.  It's odd  - if I go to bed at 2am and get woken up around 6/6:30, I'm okay with that.  I guess deep inside I know I can't go back to sleep and it's my own fault for staying up so late.  However, if I go to bed early (I consider midnight the latest it can be to still be considered "early" these days) and get woken up after only four hours and then kept up, I am not a happy camper.  Best to steer clear of me in the morning.

I only got an additional hour or so before Timmy woke up and then I have already forgotten this morning.  I know I got half a load of laundry folded (we have at least 7 loads just waiting for me in various places.  That is one thing I just cannot find the time to get on top of.  Drives me crazy looking for panties and socks knowing they're all clean, I just have to find the right pile.  One of these nights I'll stay up and knock all the folding out again.  Not tonight, though) and finished loading the dishwasher and washing all the pots and pans that have been accumulating.  I shined my sink the other day and it has been nice to see it sparkling all day.  FlyLady is definitely right that it does help to have one spot that you can look at and see accomplishment.  It does bring a smile to your face.  (I do find, however, that having to keep it dried out to prevent water spots makes me want to use the sink less.  Guess you could consider it a bonus that you save water by only using the sink when you really need to!)

James ended up with the day off so he tossed balls to the kids in the backyard.  I read a couple of Franklin books before what I hoped would be naptime and made several trips to and from the suction machine.  (They gave me new artificial noses to use.  Hating them.  As much as I hate the old ones, at least I could get them on.  These new ones pop off right after I put them on every time.  The healthcare company said they can't carry the old ones anymore.  Not sure why.  I ended up needing to purchase a few extras over Christmas and they aren't cheap - the least expensive I could find was ~$3.50 each.  Considering they should be changed daily and sometimes need to be changed out more frequently than that due to excess mucus, it adds up pretty quickly.)

The twins fell asleep around 3 and Melissa and I took Timmy on the River walk.  He slept the entire time and we had a great power walk.  Home around 4:30 and off to Enrichment (or whatever we're supposed to call it now) at 6:30.  Melissa went with me.  It was a Meet and Greet.  So nice.  For months I think many of us in the Relief Society have hoped more "visitors" would stand up on Sunday.  There has just been so much movement in callings, boundary changes and people moving in and out that we haven't gotten to know each other very well.  It was a nice evening.  Ironically, we arrived just a few minutes late and one of the sisters in the ward was sharing some cleaning tips.  We sat next to Camilla McCammon and at one point I said something and the responded, "FlyLady?"  Yep.  It really is a great system, just hard to do right now because I have no real good routine to my days and things are so busy there just isn't always time.  At least not when I have I-Spy bags to make, The Lucy Show episodes to watch and babies to play with!

No comments: