On Saturday, October 23rd, James and I took the kids to Buckelew Farms. I have always wanted to get cute pictures of my kids with the pumpkins like so many of our friends have. It was a beautiful day! I was hoping we would make it out around 10 so we could be back by around 1 for naptime but it was close to noon by the time we left and a good half our drive before we were there.
I absolutely love this shot of James with Trevy, Landon and Callie. The ladies on the left commented that they wish they had a camera to take a picture. I told them not to worry and whipped ours out. ☺
Timmy, true to angel form, fell asleep on the way there and slept the entire time we were there and most of the way back. It was even a little breezy that day so he got to wear his cute long-sleeve Pooh overall outfit, (which I kept hidden with the stroller covers most of the time we were there).
Our cute pumpkins in front of their cute pumpkin.
Guess who didn't want to participate again...
Callie would not. Nor would she get on the trailer to go out into
the pumpkin fields with James, Trevy and Landon.
They pull a couple of flat beds lined with benches behind the tractors to take visitors out into the fields.
I swear they could use this one for advertising.
(Thank goodness for the "no-right-click" html! Thanks again, Sandi!)
Prettiest girl in the pumpkin patch with the wartiest pumpkin in the pumpkin patch.
Landon LOVED carrying the pumpkins around.
Callie, Timmy and I waited behind the first time. We visited the "facilities" and found an ATM so we could buy a few pumpkins for our annual pumpkin carving party a couple days later.
Fun story - I have had the dickens of a time finding shoes for all the kids lately. However, Amy saved a lot of shoes from her older kids and, at one point a while back, passed them on to me. I figured there had to be a pair of shoes to fit Landon one of these days. And this was the day! A last ditch rummage through the box in the hopes he wouldn't yet again be wearing the flip-flops that are at least two sizes to small landed me with these beauties. Okay, slightly outdated, but I told him they are "super speedy shoes" and he loves them! And truly he can run much faster in them than the flip-flops.
I took the kids back out so Callie could have a turn. As you can see, I don't think she cared. She just wanted to be carried around. (Believe me, those days have passed!)
There was a nice young lady there with her mom who offered to take this photo. Not bad!
I really think Landon could be perfectly happy as a pumpkin farmer!
Waiting for the tractor to come back.
The "family" photo with the pumkins. Wish we had asked someone so we could have had James in the picture too.
We took four or five and someone is looking funny in each one. These two are the best.
We ended up carrying Timmy back to the car in his carseat and using the stroller to haul our pumpkin stash. A very fun day had by all!
No comments:
Post a Comment