It was an all around great day. Our first trip to church with all six of us and no additional help from family members. We were even on time, if I remember correctly, although we ended up in the lounge anyway because Timmy needed to nurse and Landon wanted to be with me. Then the girls needed to use the bathroom, saw Mom... You get the picture.
I got a little worried when we got home because it took the twins a while to go down for their nap and Trevy and I didn't get started on decorating her cake until 2pm. Party started at 5. Believe it or not, we finished with time to spare (in spite of Landon waking up at 3!) and had plenty of cake, ice cream and presents to go around.
Around 4:30, I remembered I hadn't wrapped any of Trevy's gifts so I snuck back to Timmy's room and started wrapping. Landon and Callie were very excited. I told Landon he could take the presents out to the living room as I wrapped them. Silly me. I had just started the second present when Trevy walked back in with the puzzle I had just wrapped and asked if she could fix it. Moral of the story - hide and hoard! No, I didn't rewrap. She also got to beginner reader books - What is a Princess? and Danny and the Dinosaur from us. I'm so excited to start working on reading with her! So far the sounding things out is slow going, but I have faith she'll catch on any day and just take off. I also found a cute outfit on the clearance rack at Target. And then I noticed the bonus - they were pajamas! In size 4! There were two more, also size 4, so Trevy got three. She's been needing pajamas and these were so cute!
Decorating the cake. We held the mixer together.
She loved the edible glitter. Who doesn't?
She was so cute.
She put her cupcake next to the doll so she could sprinkle the glitter and keep it off the counter.
Sort of.
Love the mustache.
We had the "double dipping" discussion.
Opening presents.
Auntie Bridge and Uncle Daniel gave Trevy a doll.
Which is a blur, but the kids have loved her.
They tuck her in and call her "Baby Timmy".
The books from Mom and Dad.
Hard to make these easy to open with wrapping paper.
The Lorax on DVD to go with the book.
Just cute. Can't remember what she opened next.
Always fun to have cousins around. The Owenses and Merrills came to celebrate too.
The jammies.
Couldn't resist this one of Timmy in Jon's arms.
I love how excited kids get for presents. Whether it's their birthday or someone else's.
Avery is just so cute. Love the pigtails!
Markers. Hmmm...
Time for cake and ice cream!
You may motice the chance in position of the dolls hands.
We had the "double dipping" discussion.
Opening presents.
Auntie Bridge and Uncle Daniel gave Trevy a doll.
Which is a blur, but the kids have loved her.
They tuck her in and call her "Baby Timmy".
The books from Mom and Dad.
Hard to make these easy to open with wrapping paper.
The Lorax on DVD to go with the book.
Just cute. Can't remember what she opened next.
Always fun to have cousins around. The Owenses and Merrills came to celebrate too.
The jammies.
Couldn't resist this one of Timmy in Jon's arms.
I love how excited kids get for presents. Whether it's their birthday or someone else's.
Avery is just so cute. Love the pigtails!
Markers. Hmmm...
Time for cake and ice cream!
Yep, she's missing her sleeves now too. =)
Trevy kept blowing the candles out while we were lighting so Uncle Derek helped so I could get a picture.
Trevy blowing.
Still blowing.
Help from Callie.
In the froggy jammies for bed after a fun day.
No comments:
Post a Comment