Well, since I hadn't booked anything for the rest of the week, in consideration that I might be selected for a jury, I had nothing scheduled for yesterday, today or tomorrow and, since we were down to about 6 diapers on Tuesday, I figured now was a great time to try potty training with Callie again.
I think if you have twins of the same gender it may be different. Also if you care to invest in 2 potties. (We're actually looking for one. Very tricky when Trevlyn decides she needs to go potty and I'm already running in there with Callie.)
Anyhow, yesterday was without success as far as anything in the potty. However, since I've decided to make a new go with FlyLady and get myself on a schedule, I did keep myself focused on her the entire day and caught her "in the act" twice. (The other times, she had just closed a door on me or someone else needed me for 5 seconds.) So I did get her to the bathroom right after and that was a great feeling for me.
Today after breakfast, she started fussing with her panties so we "ran, ran, ran" to the bathroom and I sat her down. Nothing. She headed for the back door before I could get her panties on and James was just coming in and asked her if she needed to go potty and ran her in again. Again nothing. Still naked, she popped back out of the bathroom. I went to help Landon really fast and I think James just went to check something he was working on on the computer and then we both got back to Callie ASAP and took her back in the bathroom and, lo and behond, she had gone in and peed by herself!
Wish I could say that that continued throughout the day and she is now potty trained, but it only happened one other time this afternoon. Keeping my fingers lightly crossed for tomorrow to be the big breakthrough.
***JURY DUTY: So I made it to the final 24 and then they sent us out while the lawyers decided which 14 they wanted to keep and I was one of the lucky ones who got to go home. It was a rather long day, but could have been worse. I didn't have to report until 9 (some people I was with reported at 7:30!) and then they called me from the jury assembly room at 10:30 so I didn't have a long time to wait. We lunched from 12:30-1:40 and then I was dismissed at 3. So overall at least the time passed pretty fast. It was a child molestation case. So far, I've only served on 1 jury and it was for a DUI. I think this one could have been interesting. And yet, at the same time, very disturbing. I think the reason they let me go is because of my kids. Gracias!
***BABY: Still working on the scanner. I have now updated the driver to work for Vista and just tonight got my photo uploading program to recognize the scanner, but it keeps telling me there is a problem with the scanner. "Maybe the scanner isn't connected." Or maybe it is! Oh, the frustration! But baby is continuing to be active. I was hoping he would have been more active on Tuesday when I was sitting all day in the courthouse, but no. I don't feel a lot of movement in the middle of my belly due to the fact that I have an anterior placenta, but baby is now kicking or moving on both sides and up high so that's nice. Can't wait for my next visit in 3 weeks to see him again!
2 comments:
you get ultrasounds every month? i guess you are higher risk than i realized. lucky you, get to see your baby so often! if you can manange to lay on that table long enough for the tech to measure everything out!
Yep. My doctor does them every visit. However, this baby has a SUA - single umbilical artery - like they thought Trevy had. Thus, they will measure his growth monthly from here on out. With twins, they did extra ultrasounds as well. Love having lots of ultrasounds, but I would love to have an easy pregnancy to go with it! Hate the anxiety!
Post a Comment