Monday, September 28, 2009

September Sweetness

I've been working on getting all the pictures from our computer cleaned up, red-eye reduced, etc. and moved to an external hard-drive and got all the pictures from September moved last night. I truly meant to post many times over the past month, but instead, here's the mass blog post! Enjoy!

SNORING CALLIE


Callie "snores". It's sooooo cute! She only does it once for the camera and then starts saying, "Cheese!"







Here's Callie in my flip flops. She always gets them on the right feet. It's amazing - the girl's a genius! =) She LOVES shoes! Even before I change her clothes she wants shoes on! Hence the pjs.



Cute little kiddos watching Super Why. I love Landon's face. Such a funny little guy! Such adorable little kiddos. I love it when I can get all three of them looking cute in a picture together.LANDON AND THE TOOTHPASTE

One night, Landon scooted Trevy's potty chair over by the all and decided to try brushing his teeth by himself. I must add a disclaimer here, as per James being a dental health professional, that we do not endorse children under the age of 2 brushing their teeth by themselves. (Nor dressing themselves like Steve Urkel.) But it did make for a fun photo op! (I did rebrush when he was finished.)

GIRLS WILL BE GIRLS

Just a fun moment where the girls were having fun being sisters. I think Landon was taking a nap. This is one of my favorite pictures that I have of them. One of my favorite things about having multiple children is the sound of all of them laughing and squealing at the same time. Just makes my heart swell.


NEW BATHING TREND

Our kids LOVE bathtime. There is never a fight to get them in the water. Not to say there are never fights in the water...but I digress. This was just one of those moments when I was trying to bring them all in for a bath and Landon and Trevy beat me to the punch. They know how to turn the water on and just climbed on in. Note that they are both completely soaked. Guess that's what you get with an all-or-nothing faucet.

And as messy as they are and despite my sighs upon seeing the man-made pond on my floor that I get to clean up later, I love these moments. The funny things kids do. Just seeing how much they are learning to become independent little people. Always makes for fun photo opportunities as well. Look at that handsome dude!


LABOR DAY WEEKEND

How terrible that when I came to these pictures, I couldn't recall why we had even gone visiting earlier this month. Leah and Larry blessed baby Avery on the 6th so we drove down to St. David the day before and spent the night with James's parents. They have a heater in their living room that the kids love to climb on and jump off. Wish I had a better picture, but sometimes you just have to enjoy the moment...



After the blessing, the kids and I headed to my parents' home with the kids.


The following morning, my mom made omelettes for breakfast and Trevy, Makayla and Kaden got an especially cheesy one. Grandma sure must love them!




Another favorite picture of Trevy holding Dillon. Not sure he enjoyed it as much as she did. It's funny, she occasionally asks me if she can hold Landon or Callie. Uh... We've actually tried, but Callie outweighs Trevy now. It's actually pretty funny. But here's one where Callie obliged for a few seconds.


And Landon modeling the Sit 'N' Spin. Remember those? Incredibly enough, this is an original. Amy received it as a gift one year many moons ago. That thing has been in that house for over 20 years. And it still works!!!


ANOTHER ZOO TRIP

It's finally starting to cool off. Not enough to spend the entire day at the zoo, but we like to get out when we can. Our toys get boring even to me so I enjoy taking the kids to the park, the zoo and the Children's Museum. (You noticed? What? Too many posts with the same kids in the same places?)

James happened to have one of the hot-as-scalding-as-yesterday days off so we made a family excursion.

There's an elephant statue in front of the elephant enclosure and it's fun to take pictures when James and I are both there so someone can stand near the kids while the other snaps the photos. Another miracle where all the kids looked at me at the same time. Soooo cute, huh? Maybe I'll make this our new blog header...

LOVE this. Use you imagination. Landon wasn't doing anything wrong...

I honestly can't remember if we went after a rain or these puddles were from something else. But Landon, ever our water boy, couldn't resist splashing in them. Look at that smile!

I love his "quick step."

I love that the kids enjoy playing together. So much fun to watch them copy each other in the funny things they do. Usually. Not so much fun when we only have one Pooh train to ride...


CALLIE & ELEFANTE

There is heck to pay if this elephant can't be found at naptime or bedtime. Just the other day, we accidentally left Elefante behind when we went visiting teaching. When bedtime came, I realized where we had left him and called my visiting teachee. She did have him, but she wasn't home and wouldn't be for another hour. We tried giving Callie the pink bear, but he's her number 2. It took her about 20 minutes to cry herself to sleep, poor thing. Yes, I did go and pick Elefante up that night and he is back home safe and sound.
Callie actually posed for this shot. She's even saying "cheese". So cute. What a sweetie.
This is Landon's "Look". Yes, that would be marker on his arms. Thank heaven for Crayola!

And sweet messy Trevy. She doesn't really have a "look", but she's a fabulous climber as well and no longer has trouble phenagling the Ziploc bag with the markers in it.
THE CHILDREN'S MUSEUM
It's the place to be when it's sweltering hot outside and you only have evaporative cooling.
The exhorbitantly overpriced sunglasses were worth every penny I paid at the dollar store for these shots alone! I love that Trevy loves to dress herself up. No pride at this point! I hope she's always this uninhibited.
Oh, Callie...


It is at the Children's Museum that we have discovered Landon's love of planes, trains and automobiles. Well, just the trains and the fire truck, really. He loves to crawl around the inside of any car and will zip his way into the driver's seat faster than you can say Bob's your uncle. I've tried to tell him he's too young to drive, but it hasn't made any difference.
Dress up queen, Trevy!
Callie was attracted to the flashing lights. And then even more to the switch that allows the kids to turn them on and off themselves!
100% BOY.

The kids also love the submarine room. Particularly the phone receiver in there. Lately, Trevy likes to pick up any phone and say, "Hello? David are you drunk?" (Name that movie!) At home, she'll get the little Fisher Price phone and come over and tell me, "It's Dave. He wants to talk to you." Then I get to say the line.
Believe me, this thing is much harder to play than it looks!
Inside the "Jungle Room". That's what we call it. I can never remember the real name.
Landon is such a climber! He has some serious upper body strength.
Callie loves the squishy steps.

RUB A DUB DUB, THE KIDS IN A ...
LAUNDRY BASKET?
After bath one night. They just love laundry baskets. With or without clothes to climb on. This was a one shot deal. They all climbed in, then they all climbed out and never got back in again at the same time. (Yes, they do all have underpants on.) Maybe I should make this the header photo instead...?
DIAPER WREATH
I do love baby stuff and crafty stuff. Put them together and I'm there!
I saw these online when we were preparing for Amy's baby shower and thought they were so cute. I made this one for my friend, Jodi, who had her baby shower on Trevy's birthday. (Congrats to Jodi and Byron on the birth of their son, Brayden. September is a wonderful month for having babies!)
THE CUTESOME TWOSOME

You may have discovered that Callie has a love for shoes. She also has an affinity for hats. And purses, and necklaces... Oh, yes. And Elefante.
Landon just loves a good time. Especially if it happens while Trevy is letting him lounge on her bean bag chair!
When one hat isn't enough... Isn't there a book about how many hats?

CALLIE'S MODELING SESSION
Please don't turn me in. These were just fun poses in the morning when I hadn't had a chance to do more than change Callie's diaper and she wanted her beads on.

I tried to get Landon to pose because I thought the lighting was neat but...
no such luck.

The End. What a month!!!

1 comment:

Aimes said...

LOVE IT!! Its so fun to read about my so cute neices and nephew. I totally think the laundry basket should be your header! and the movie is chipmunk adventure, it made me laugh out loud when I read that Trevy likes to say, "David, Are you drunk?" Hhahahahah! And the glasses are classic! Sooooo fun. I've started a post but am having technical difficulties getting the pictures to upload......argh. Such as life, I will get some going someday.....