Friday, August 7, 2009

It's Friday afternoon. Seems like someone has been crying all day and I still can't find Callie's other pink hippo croc. But suddenly the house is silent. I have three kids down for a nap for the first time in quite a while. I also have 6 clean loads of laundry in piles on my couches and spilling onto the rug I cleaned last night staying up too late. One more load in the dryer, one in the washer and only one more dirty one to go. I'm half-packed to head out again but my brain is a little tired from staying up too late last night and it's firing in all different directions. I need to pack, want to clean, need to finish some cleaning so I can pack...

I've also decided to attempt FlyLady once again. I feel like I'm doing relatively well at keeping my house sanitary, but I'd love to get it cleaned and organized. I know most of you are very kind-hearted souls and figure it just comes from having 3 kids under 3. Part of me hopes so, but another part hopes not in the hopes that I actually can have a clean and organized house without spending the entire day cleaning. I really want my focus to be on my kids but if Fly Lady can help me get a routine that maybe only takes one solid hour a day and 15 minutes here and there...

Other excitement to note. We've had exterior ground lighting outside since we moved in almost 4 years ago but it has never worked. At first we thought it was just because the outlet was a shambles. So I replaced that. Lights still didn't work. I replaced the lights and the power pack a couple of weeks ago and still nothing. I finally checked last night as the sun was setting (twins went down early, Trevy was my assistant) and lo and behold, one of my wires wasn't connected. Not sure why this particular GFCI receptacle has the light ON when it's tripped instead of off, but that's what it does and why I was thinking I was getting power when I wasn't. Alas, James accidentally ran over the old power pack (my fault for moving it, though) so I guess we'll never know if it was bad or not. The good news is, we have light again! Now for the landscaping...

No comments: