The 3rd annual Taylor family reunion was held Friday, May 30th through Tuesday, June 1st at Forest Lakes in northeastern Arizona.
The first obstacle in our family's preparations was lack of sleep the night before. So in a state of delirium, I attempted to get myself and three little ones packed. The second obstacle was that no one had any clean clothes so I was digging through a mountain on top of our bed to find everything I needed. Bless the kiddos that they all napped for a couple of hours together that day.
Moving right along, you can see a fraction of what I had packed. Notice the "powder" at the base of the tote on the right. I was nearing the end of packing for the kids when Trevy woke up. She found the rice cereal in the box and dumped it...
...and trailed it down the hall!
We left our house around 7 that night. It was a little tough getting everything loaded, kids fed and ready to go, but we made it! We got to Payson around 10:30 and noticed a definite drop in temperature. It was COLD! The windows were fogging up. But we were close!
We made our last major turn toward the cabin around 10:30 with not much further to go fortunately. Our last 10 miles were made in an Arizona blizzard. It began to snow on us and visibility was pretty low. The road was already covered and the we could just make out the center double yellow.
We kept in touch with family during the last leg of the trip to let them know where we were and they watched for us. Happy to say we made it safe and sound. Exhausted and cold, but we made it.
And woke up to a winter wonderland the next day! A few of us braved the outdoors for some sledding...
Yep, some of us even dressed up for the occasion. =)
The snow did melt by the end of the day, but we got some cute pictures of the kids in their warm clothes while they had the chance to wear them.
3 comments:
Looks like so much fun. I love the Brimhall reunion as well. WE'll have to do that with our family, i'm already planning the games. Your kids are so super cute! I can't wait to see you guys, let's actually make a plan. Mylan and Tim stayed with us last week while they took Nathan to the MTC. How quickly time passes. Greyson just wrote in blue magic marker all over my arm. I guess it's time to stop blogging.
I love to see pictures of your sweet little kids!
Cute, Wendy! Good job! Looks like it was a lot of fun!
Post a Comment