Thursday, July 23, 2015

First Week of School!

I never got a first day of school picture last year, so we are at least ahead of the game this year in that regard.



On the other hand, as far as the getting to school early thing go, not so much. We were almost late the first day of school. The bell rings at 7:55 and we pulled up to the curb about 7:57. (I asked the kids as I was pulling up to the curb to quickly stand by the fence. :) No time for individual shots, however.)

The street leading to the school was backed up and the parking lot was absolutely packed! I had planned on walking everyone to class, even had Wyatt dressed, but there was just no way

It's been a fun week. Timmy is such a cute little kinder! Every day when I go to pick him up and ask how his day was, he has told me, "I got my binder!" in the most excited voice. I think he is really enjoying being one of the big kids. He also has Mrs. Benzi, the same kindergarten teacher Landon and Callie had, so that is also nice.

So far, the only homework everyone has had has been to put either a bag of items or a poster together all about them. (Why a certain someone decided to wait until tonight to even start on the poster is being me! But thank goodness for 1-hour photo printing.)

Trevlyn has the twins' first grade teacher, Ms, Scharer, who moved up to third grade this year. I really like her. She is so good at keeping parents in the loop and really working with the kids.

As for me, I have probably let Wyatt watch too many movies and run amuck a bit while I have been trying to get on top of my house. I think the nesting phase has fully kicked in. James took off the week of the Fourth of July and asked if I could finish texturing the living room, as he was eager to paint. I almost made it, but energy ran out before I was able to finish. So he did. It looks a little different, but not bad. (I have textured many walls and ceilings over the past 20 years. At my parents' house and our first house. There are definitely a few little tricks you learn as you go - like don't lay it on too thick. Just more to sand and it takes longer to dry - and you also start noticing what patterns you like better than others.) And, bless him, he got the room painted! I will have to post pictures, but that will be another blog post.

In the meantime, I have decided that the time has come to declutter and organize my house. I have tried before, but it's hard with "help". And, now that I'm not planning on moving again, I can truly decorate and organize and keep only what I want for THIS house. Super exciting! I have been working on the living room all week. One final box and I'm done! I LOVE having decor on the walls! But it was well worth the effort to texture and prime over the tired nicotine-stained walls we bought. :)

No comments: