Sunday, May 6, 2012

Branding Trip

(This post was put together by James.)

This is another rare attempt to make a blog of the latest ranch trip.  I took roughly 200 pictures and movies.  These were a few of my favorites.  











  




When I was getting ready to leave, Landon quickly recognized that I was leaving and so he left and returned with my phone and asked if I would call Golden and ask if he could go along too.  He readily recognized Adrenaline, whom he fondly refers to as Maximus, from "Tangled".




This is Louie, who I almost always ride.  Though he has some manner problems; he does have a willingness to work.  Overall, he is a pretty good horse.


Canyon getting ready for the ride.
  

 This is my quick attempt using the Macro function on my camera.




Uncle Paul going up Francis Creek.  Notice the absence of a hat, I believe it became a victim to Burro Creek.
Canyon watering his horse.

The last day went so incredibly smoothly... on the way to Bagdad, while hauling a few cattle to the auction, one of the wheels of the trailer came off the axle.  I had never seen that occur before, so of course I took a picture.  Golden mentioned how fortunate it was to occur where it happened.  Surprisingly, this seemingly major setback only postponed things for about an hour, until another trailer was located.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A cowboy dentist! James you are one of a kind! I love it!! Although I do feel bad for the poor calf that did not want to get lassoed :(

Clarisa said...

yes, poor little calf! i love all the pictures. your fsmily has some very unique names, assuming that's who they are. golden and canyon. are they related?

Wendy said...

Yes - Golden is James's older brother and Canyon is his son.