Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Motherhood and Traveling...

...a vicious combination!

I think you truly have to be a mother to really appreciate even a portion of what your mother did for you. As I have been attempting for the last four hours to get us packed to go to my parents' house for Thanksgiving, I thought I would just note some of the *fun* ways in which my children have decided to help:

1 - nap for only about an hour
2 - pee on the floor in front of the front door (Trevy)
3 - Callie just closed Landon in the dryer
4 - pull shoes out of the bag as I'm packing (mostly Callie)
5 - pull the folded clothes out of the bag as I'm packing
6 - ask for things
7 - repeatedly ask "where are we going, Mom?" (Trevy's recent favorite question. This is more an hourly question these days rather than daily and it's becoming less cute with each repetition.)
8 - beg to be held
9 - steal toys from each other (fear not, discipline is still taking precendence!)

2 comments:

Clarisa said...

i think it is wonderful that all your children have decided to be helpful. i really admire families where everybody pitches in. do you just love having twins?

Wendy said...

I really do. Honestly, I would love to have another set somewhere down the road. I think I need Landon and Callie to at least be potty trained and more committed to walking on their own without mommy having to carry them first before I could handle two more the same age.