Saturday, October 24, 2009

Wendy's Birthday

Normally, I wouldn't advertise that I am indeed aging, but this year's birthday was awesome! Firstly, my fabulous in-laws threw me a surprise party.

Check out this cake! It was chocolate decadence at its best. Soooo good! Thanks, Leah!

The creator of the chocolate masterpiece, my sister-in-law, and my husband laboring over the pyrotechnics.
And, as must happen at all events, some sweet pictures of our kiddos. Callie with her ever-present ensemble of jewelry.
Landon LOVED walking back and forth through the streemer curtain. At one point he poked just his head through. Unfortunately, I wasn't quick enough with the camera. =(

Oh, yes, he also LOVED the cake!
And he wasn't the only one!
"So if I pose, do I get some more?"

Who looks a little guilty in this picture? (Hint: she's also the only person in the picture.)
Notice that Callie can almost wear pigtails! My baby's growing up! Sniff, sniff.

Doing the jumping dance.
After the surprise party, there was the ice cream social with the neighbors. Once again, Melissa let us use her yard. This was James's and my first time making home-made ice cream by ourselves. Denise, Melissa and I had this idea planned for a while and, with the weather finally cooling off, decided to go for my birthday. Alas, the weather decided to turn up the thermostat and the 97-degree temps had us pretty much drinking our ice cream.
Oh, well. Excellent company, though! Great times had by all.

Trevy making a fish face.
Denise also made me a cake. My first pound cake ever! Isn't it cute? Thanks, Denise!
My neighbors also gave me a birthday card and balloon.
I think the girl likes sugar...
The Mogges are so accommodating for our photos!
Melissa and Carolyn.
Carolyn's husband, Scott. (This was their first official social with us. We'll see if they come back!)
Mama's boy!
More candid shots. Two of James's nieces hung around for the ice cream.
Scott and Dorian.

Trevy and Dorian in the hammock.
Callie departing the hammock scene.
Trevy was chasing Dorian. She's such a copier these days!
And, wow, what great cloudage! This is a shot through the tree in our backyard from Melissa's yard.
Just can't resist posting pictures of my handsome dude! Isn't he sweet?
And lastly, I am pretty proud of some of these. The clouds truly were amazing so I attempted to see if I could get a sunset shot like my dear friend Sara's. This one is James's favorite.
This is probably my favorite. I love how the cactus turned out.
And just another shot with the rays coming out. Never would have thought any pictures I took would turn out this well.
After all the festivities and putting the twins to bed, Melissa came over to hang out with Trevy so James and I could go play tennis. The perfect ending to a perfect day!
Good night, Sweetheart!

2 comments:

Arabeth said...

Happy happy Birthday Wendy Dear! Happy days will come to you all year! If I had a wish then it would be a happy, happy birthday to you from me!

Jet said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Wendy!! I love Callie's pigtails--so cute!!! Must see you soon--Juliet