Sunday, May 31, 2009

Well, we've had the sickies again. When I went into the twins' room on Friday, I was greeted by the stench of dried vomit. Sometime during the night, poor little Callie had gotten sick. So that morning was spent trying to get things cleaned up. Good thing we didn't have much planned that day. To be honest, I can't remember anything but that! Probably some playdough, Sleeping Beauty and naptimes.

Today was Landon's turn. Not fun. So James, since he didn't have to teach today and wasn't feeling so hot himself, stayed home with the twins and Trevy and I went to church. (Bless Auntie Bridge for getting Trevy ready! Fifth Sundays are all music in Primary and I wasn't exactly prepared when I woke up this morning. Great fun, though. Feel free to check it out through the Primary Singing Time Ideas link on the right.)

Hah! It just came back to me - I took the kids shopping on Friday. For what, you ask? Panties! Yep, this is the big week. I'm going to start potty training Trevlyn tomorrow. I'm so excited! I've heard that this is to be dreaded and maybe I'm a little naive, but I've recently discovered the 3daypottytraining method and can't wait to try it out! Wish us luck!

It seems like James and I have both hit the wall of life at the same time. My goal for last month was to make sure that every night before I went to bed the kitchen was clean. It has made such a difference in my day! Just having my house picked up when I wake up makes life so much nicer! I can use the same pots and pans I used for dinner for breakfast, things are where they should be so I'm not wasting time trying to dig through piles to find them, cell phone is charged, booster seats and sippy cups are clean... And it's finally a habit. Kitchen clean as we speak.

James's goal for last month was cleaning up the shed and he did an awesome job! He added a number of shelves and it's so much nicer to go out there now! (Even better once we move the cats out!)

June looks like it should be easily as productive. Goals for me for this week are: 1) potty train Trevy and 2) start working on getting the walls of the bathroom finished. (We're in desperate need of towel bars! Just a note - the shower curtain rod can only hold so much weight!) And 3) Blog our European trip and pictures of the shower in our main bath.

Joint goal for the month: reorganize our finances. Our previous budgeting method (which bears a strong resemblance to a hope and a prayer) hasn't been the most effective. James has been listening to Dave Ramsey a lot so we're going to try out his advice and see how it goes.

(Yes, it is a subcategory in there to save some of my discretionary spending to purchase another digital camera.)

2 comments:

Ryann said...

I did the potty training in a day with Emilie. Absolute disaster and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy! But uh, good luck to you!

And I LOVED Trevi fountain. We had a great walking tour around Rome-can't wait to read about your adventure there!

And Dave Ramsey rocks!

Aimes said...

Dave Ramsey, you guys are already the most tightly budgeted Dr's I know! LOL. Good luck with Trevy, I know you can do it cause you're the daughter of Expert Jo!!!
XOXOXOX