Monday, April 13, 2009

Just working on the daily updates.

I think we're officially back on Arizona time and back to feeling well. The kids are apparently back to normal as they make a beeline anytime they hear the sliding door open. And any water - doesn't matter how deep or dirty - MUST be splashed in by our Landoman.

In an amazing feat of determination, James and I were able to get our main shower grouted last week and then he pushed through the homestretch and got it all sealed over the weekend and the plumbing and caulking all installed today. Darn those 24 hour waiting periods! I so cannot wait to do baths in the tub again! This whole sink thing is getting really old really fast! (Alas, not pictures yet as we haven't been able to coerce Bridgette into bringing our digital camera over as she has somehow avoided the many illnesses going around and doesn't want to fall victim.

I ran out this afternoon to pick up some more groceries and supplies to make an afghan for my nephew-to-be, Dillon. (Amy said that's how they want to spell it. I prefer the "D-Y-L-A-N" version myself, but he'll be darn cute either way!) Anyhow, when I pulled into our front drive, I saw Trevy in the back in just her diaper. I know for a fact she was fully clothed when I left. So why was she practically naked? James had gotten the pool out and the kids were all swimming again! (He got it out once last week as well, but I was home.) What a man, huh? Doesn't get much braver than that taking three little kids out back and sticking them in a pool of water. (Granted that's the easy part. Figuring out how to get them all out, dried and back into the house without a major mess or leaving anyone outside by him/herself is the tricky part!) Alas, he isn't a big believer in swim diapers...

Again, no pictures, but hang in there - Derek and Yvonne are sick so if Auntie Bridge can hold out, she said she'd come visit us no-longer-sickees this week!

And with that, I bid you all a fond farewell and a good night!

No comments: