Wednesday, October 7, 2015

39 Weeks and Counting

I have never made it to 39 weeks in a pregnancy before. I'm still a bit in shock that we are 39 weeks with this one. Pretty sure this little lady is going to be breaking the record for biggest baby too! (Currently, Wyatt is the record holder at 7 lbs. 12 oz.)

I was so sure she would be here last weekend that it was a little emotional Sunday night not to have had anything happen and to be back in the waiting game. However, I have decided that she is just giving me more time to get my house ready so I have been cleaning like a mad woman. Well, like a pregnant mad woman. It's a lot harder to clear the floor of a room when it hurts to sit and get up. Right now, there is no comfortable position so it makes more sense just to keep doing what I can while I wait.

I am personally not a huge fan of induction. (Otherwise, she would already be here. :) ) They scare me. Pitocin is not my friend. With my first baby, I received an epidural that knocked everything out below the waist to the point that I couldn't even tell I was having contractions, and then they cranked up the pitocin and I was in the OR for a c-section shortly after. It was not a pleasant experience. And, since my body has proven to me three times since that I can complete labor without it (okay, I had some with Timmy because we really needed to get him out), we are just going to go with that.

Lots of random contractions this morning, not terribly strong, but definitely noticeable! They've kept me awake since 4:30 so fingers crossed that maybe today's the day!

No comments: