Sunday, September 21, 2014

Mouth washing

Recently, I have decided to take a stand against kids using the word "poop" excessively and calling me "mean mommy" when they don't get their way. So the obvious choice to me was washing mouths out with a bar of soap. Classic, right? Landon, Callie and Timmy all got to taste the clean feeling of Dove.

It all seemed like a perfect solution...until last night. We arrived home around 7:30pm after our most recent ward temple trip and I had kids hop in the tub for a quick bath to be clean for church.

The boys hopped in first and, while I was doing whatever else I was doing, I heard an "Oh no!" from Landon. Apparently, Timmy had decided to take matters into his own hands and had climbed up the shower wall (somehow), grabbed the bar of soap and flushed it down the toilet.

Pretty sure it is now wedged somewhere not far below the toilet, as we now have to plunge after each use. (I can guarantee James has no desire whatsoever to pull that thing off again.)

This wouldn't be quite such an annoyance, were it not for the fact that we are still down to one bathroom (only another week or so. The tile guys come next week to work their magic on the master bathroom).

Little does Timmy know that he didn't even make a dent in our bar soap stash.

But I think we may be going a more creative route...Bwahahahahahaha!  (Maniacal laugh.)

No comments: