Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The King & the Tailor

My dishwasher died about two weeks ago and I couldn't be happier. Not because I get my jollies from hand washing dishes (which I did nightly growing up), but because, in my insanity to google how to fix the darn thing, I discovered it was on recall! Some part that could catch fire! Thank goodness it never did all those times I pressed start and headed to bed. Instead of utilizing the rebate, we opted for a different brand with higher consumer ratings and this thing has been a dream come true. I can actually load it with DIRTY dishes! I must have seemed like a dish Nazi before, but everything really had to be pretty much prewashed in order to come out clean. Awe, the spoiled life I lead!

Which has left me a few moments tonight to, once again, attempt to cull the paper tornado in my living room. And, once again, take a commercial break to blog about another amazing discovery. This comes to us from Trevlyn, although she has graciously given credit to two other individuals, no doubt author and illustrator of a nearby book I haven't yet uncovered. I am blown away by how well she can write. Not necessarily her penmanship, but her ability to remember how to spell words that aren't phonetic is astounding.

May I present for your reading pleasure: The King and the Tailor. By Trevlyn Brimhall. (And some other people. :-) )


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Super cute!! I love all of her little stories and notes. You need to put them in a big book and put it out next to the guest book at her wedding reception :)

Wendy said...

I have been saving everything I find. That's a great idea! Maybe I'll have time to figure out how to scrapbook between now and then! =)