Wyatt was actually a pretty small guy for a while. He had the cutest little cough when he was ready to eat. I’ve mentioned before that he was quite the sleeper his first two weeks of life but, once I started making sure he didn’t go more than three hours or so between feedings, he bought into that routine and hasn’t give up since! (Although I did get to sleep from 11pm until 4:30am uninterrupted last night. Timmy even stayed in with the big kids so I got the bed to myself. It was so nice! (James was at a dental conference.))
We held his baby blessing on September 23rd. It was nice that Steve and Heather decided to visit my parents that weekend and come back through Tucson so we even got to see them. Amy and Ray and Dave also came with their kids. Lisa’s family was battling illness and Cindy and Justin couldn’t make another trip to Arizona so soon after their last. So ready for them to graduate so we can, hopefully, see more of them!
On James’s side, his parents came, plus Leah and Yvonne and their families and Ammon. Jon and Tessa and Bridgette and Daniel were pretty much forced to be there, by virtue of them being members of our ward as well. We also were graced with Melissa’s presence and that of my parents.
Special guests were my cousin, Christie, and her husband, Spencer, who recently moved to Tucson. For whatever reason, I hadn’t even thought to invite them until the morning of the blessing. So I sent her a text at the cruel hour of 7am. And they made it over by 9am! So wonderful to see them and get to have them with us.
It was a beautiful blessing. Always a pleasure to get to be surrounded by family. Sunday was a great day. I asked my mom to take a picture of Steve and me with our August babies. The lighting in the church didn’t do much for any of us, I don’t think. Not that the little people were terribly cooperative anyway.
Throwing the meat in the crockpot with the green chilies and other seasonings was by far the easiest part of prepping the day before. Try as I might to be prepared in advance, things never seem to go quite as I plan.
Saturday I had my plan of how we were going to get the house cleaned (at least the front rooms!) and all the food ready for the following day. However, Wyatt chose that weekend to hit his first growth spurt and I had a hard time putting him down for more than 15 minutes. At the same time, I didn’t want to put him down, as I was trying to unclog a painfully plugged duct. Bless James for stepping up and spearheading the cleaning committee, namely Trevy, Landon, Callie and Timmy (who is actually quite responsive when asked to put things in containers!) and then helping flip tortillas.
It was an all-around busy day, with other things needing to get done that I no longer recall the specifics of but do recall resulting in a late night in order to get two pans of chicken enchiladas ready for the oven. I had also planned on making Oreo Madness for dessert, but the results of the first three were so unbecoming that I decided we could just serve Oreos and ice cream instead. I don’t think anyone had a problem with that. (In case you missed my post on my obsession with Oreo Madness, you can see what the dessert should REALLY look like here.) I was quite glad I had posted because I couldn’t remember exactly how I had made this confection of heavenly deliciousness before. To be honest, though, even having made them before, it was a little hard to follow. So look forward to a more detailed post, including pictures and possibly video in the near future!
Wyatt had a bit of a rough weekend, I think his tummy was a little unsettled. But my mom still managed to keep him happy for a photo shoot in his blessing outfit. (Which, coincidentally, is the same one Landon and Timmy were blessed in.)
I also have a number of cute photos of Wyatt that deserve a place on the blog. I give you the many fashions of little Wyatt!
What a joy to have this little boy in our home! He was pretty sneaky the first two weeks, making me feel like we were going to breeze through the transition phase. I was keeping up with laundry, dishes, some sleep, kindergarten homework, preschool… But now, well, I just make a list every night of the things I HAVE to get done the next day and the things I would like to get done. Usually I just make it through my morning routine before bedtime so there are often a few dishes left out and a mountain of laundry beckoning, but as long as I can list something I did with each of my kids and I’m taking plenty of pictures, I consider the day a success!
1 comment:
cute little boys, all of them. glad you labeled them, they all look so similar. happy blessing day!
Post a Comment