I was almost late to the first visit because of this:
I was trying to grab the last few things and I heard singing in the kitchen. All three of them together. Soooo cute! Usually they stop singing if they see me so I was trying to hide. But once they saw me and kept going...
We did make it to the pulmonology clinic on time and I think Jeanine must have had the day off because we only saw Dr. Brown. He was pleased with Timmy's sounds and said he looked and sounded great. I told him I was also excited because Timmy had finally started putting weight on too - he weighed in at 11 pounds 3 ounces. A gain of another seven ounces over the previous ten days. He had forgotten to check Timmy's weight before he came in and went back out to check the chart. He didn't seem overly impressed when he came back in and told me that Timmy was still gaining at about the same rate. Really? Well, I was impressed. He told me I could try adding some margarine or a little olive oil to Timmy's veggies to add calories. The funny thing was that that initially sounded repulsive to me, until I thought again and realized that a lot of people add butter to their veggies anyway. They just don't puree them first.
On the whole, a positive visit. (Other than the scare that our insurance was terminated. Considering all the red tape we were presented with in looking for an individual plan that would even consider covering Timmy, we concluded that it would be best for us to COBRA for the time being. For whatever reason, it took a little longer than we thought for the payment to go through. Fortunately, it's retroactive and this issue has been cleared up. Just cannot imagine having to pay out of pocket for all of Timmy's medical expenses!)
Three days later when I took Timmy to the pediatrician's office for his second flu shot, I mentioned to the nurse that I wasn't sure if we were supposed to do another weight check or not. She said if there was a scale open we could just do it anyway. After the injection (stellar boy cried at the initial stick but tears were gone immediately once I picked him up) both scales were available so she weighed Timmy. 11 pounds 3 ounces again. Generally the scale at the pulmonology clinic seems to give us a couple extra ounces but at least we know Timmy is over 11 pounds! Still just about 23 and a quarter inches. We WILL reach two feet!
James took the girls to St. David for the day so I had both boys. Landon was so good. He got to pick out a sticker on the way out. He pointed out a frog in the stack and the nurse asked if that's what he wanted. He said, "Uh-huh. Yes." But when she gave it to him, he changed his mind. Fortunately, there was a Lightening McQueen two stickers down so it didn't take him long to find one he really did want!
Timmy has officially graduated from newborn jammies and onesies. He now fits most 0-3 and 3 month clothing. Except pants. His femurs always measured short on ultrasounds and that may be what's coming into play here. I've put on a couple of 0-3 pants and they slide right off when I pick him up. Mind you, the girls have no hips, but this is ridiculous! So I just keep rotating the stash of newborn pants, hoping his lower body will catch up to his upper body before the matching sets don't match!
Sunday was a huge milestone for Timmy. I sat him up in the tub to was his back and he held himself up. I think the tub sling gave him just enough support that he was able to balance. He was so proud of himself. Took me a little while to be able to lean him back to finish rinsing and take him out! He is also doing a great job of helping pull himself to a sitting position when he grabs hold of my thumbs.
On the whole, a positive visit. (Other than the scare that our insurance was terminated. Considering all the red tape we were presented with in looking for an individual plan that would even consider covering Timmy, we concluded that it would be best for us to COBRA for the time being. For whatever reason, it took a little longer than we thought for the payment to go through. Fortunately, it's retroactive and this issue has been cleared up. Just cannot imagine having to pay out of pocket for all of Timmy's medical expenses!)
Three days later when I took Timmy to the pediatrician's office for his second flu shot, I mentioned to the nurse that I wasn't sure if we were supposed to do another weight check or not. She said if there was a scale open we could just do it anyway. After the injection (stellar boy cried at the initial stick but tears were gone immediately once I picked him up) both scales were available so she weighed Timmy. 11 pounds 3 ounces again. Generally the scale at the pulmonology clinic seems to give us a couple extra ounces but at least we know Timmy is over 11 pounds! Still just about 23 and a quarter inches. We WILL reach two feet!
James took the girls to St. David for the day so I had both boys. Landon was so good. He got to pick out a sticker on the way out. He pointed out a frog in the stack and the nurse asked if that's what he wanted. He said, "Uh-huh. Yes." But when she gave it to him, he changed his mind. Fortunately, there was a Lightening McQueen two stickers down so it didn't take him long to find one he really did want!
Timmy has officially graduated from newborn jammies and onesies. He now fits most 0-3 and 3 month clothing. Except pants. His femurs always measured short on ultrasounds and that may be what's coming into play here. I've put on a couple of 0-3 pants and they slide right off when I pick him up. Mind you, the girls have no hips, but this is ridiculous! So I just keep rotating the stash of newborn pants, hoping his lower body will catch up to his upper body before the matching sets don't match!
Sunday was a huge milestone for Timmy. I sat him up in the tub to was his back and he held himself up. I think the tub sling gave him just enough support that he was able to balance. He was so proud of himself. Took me a little while to be able to lean him back to finish rinsing and take him out! He is also doing a great job of helping pull himself to a sitting position when he grabs hold of my thumbs.
2 comments:
I showed the video to Abby and she keeps wanting to watch it over and over again. Then she said "oh, I really want to go and see those people!" ha
I think they are ready to audition for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir! They are so cute.
Post a Comment